Paradise Road The Villa Bentota is a unique and private beachside hotel located 1.5 hours drive south of Colombo, set on 2 acres of land and housed in the ‘Mohotti Walauwa’, Sri Lanka’s first boutique hotel converted in the1970s by world-renowned architect, Geoffrey Bawa. Offering 15 individually designed Rooms and Suites with all modern amenities and services, the original villa was refurbished and extended with incredible sensitivity to the original design by Udayshanth Fernando in 2007.
- Single Room - This small room on the first floor is suitable for a single traveller on a budget. With a single mattress of the same comfort level as all other rooms and suites, a mosquito net, a small wardrobe and drawer and a small balcony with a view of the swimming pool with sea beyond.
The attached bathroom has a rain shower. This room does not have a television or minibar.
- Standard Room - Their rooms are sea facing, open to the garden or feature balconies with a table and two/four chairs. Each room is unique in design, style and layout. All rooms feature a king size bed and the standard listed features.
- Superior Suite - Their suites all feature sea/garden facing balconies with private lounge spaces.
- Executive Suite - The Executive suites do not offer sea or garden views but are the perfect option when seeking extra privacy along with the comfort of additional space.
- The Mohotti Suite - The Mohotti Suite is a special room, suited for larger families or friends seeking privacy and luxury. Decorated with original antique Dutch period four-post beds and chairs, Persian rugs, this space is accessed by a private stairwell close to the reception and overlooking both swimming pools. The Mohotti Suite consists of 2 Double Rooms (1 king-sized bed and 1 queen-sized bed), a shared grand bathroom with free-standing bath tub and a separate lounge area with lounge chairs, TV and stereo facilities.
- The Villa Cafe - In keeping with the brand’s focus on serving menus to complement the aesthetic of our spaces, The Villa Café serves many of Paradise Road The Gallery Café signature dishes such as Black Pork Curry and Sri Lankan Prawn Curry. In addition to these dishes, the choice of international cuisine focuses predominantly on Italian and fresh seafood. Paradise Road The Villa Café is open to outside guests daily.
- The Lion Bar - The Lion Bar sits on the far end of the property overlooking the manicured gardens and palm trees. The bar offers the same signature cocktails as Paradise Road The Gallery Café, such as the Tamarind Chilli Martini and Frozen Lime Margharita. The bar features large white upholsetered cane sofas, perfect for lounging after a day spent exploring Bentota or tanning by the pool.
- Villa Shop and Gallery
- Swimming Pools
- Outdoor Dining
- Massage Room