The Vayu Resort
The sunsets as well as the starry nights are stunning. The Vayu camp also offers Yoga, Massage, SUP, Kayaks and Nature Based excursions. All bungalows have a 2 - 4 bed option, attached open to the stars showers and a verandah for you to relax.
As with their setup in Kalpitiya, the vibes will remain the same. They continue to be a rustic location with lots of care and attention to detail. They offer Western and Local food. The local food reflects the different culture and cuisine that's found in the North of Sri Lanka.
The camp is about 300 KM from the airport in Colombo. On route you could stop to see the Elephants and Ancient Cities as well. A shared taxi option is also available to save cost.
The protected sand banks of Mannar are renown for strong winds and migratory birds visiting place. You are in an Ornitholgists Dream Escape with countless species that can be spotted from your verandah!
The Kitecamp for 2017 consists of 14 bungalows, and tents, a dinning and stunning chillout zone as well as many areas of relaxation.
All meals are included in the price as well as tea and coffee around the clock
- Bird Watchers Paradise - Spending your birdwatching holiday in Mannar will let you observe the beautiful aquatic birds inhabiting the turquoise water area surrounding Vayu resort
- Yoga - It's a choice of thinking, it's a life style. With the yoga techniques we can unit our mind body and spirit. Yoga allows us to experience a deep emotional awareness and meet our true nature.
- Massage - A massage is a great option for your holidays. Specially after a kiteboarding sessions. Qualified therapists prevent muscle ache and can relax muscular tension with a massage.
- Stand Up Paddle - Take a little time to discover and explore the beauty of Mannar on a Stand Up Paddle. It can be taught and practice on the ocean in front of the Vayu Resort.
- Cultural excursions & national park visit - Sri Lanka is a a great cultural and historical country... discover the history of the island by during a journey in Kandy or visit a national Park to see elephant, tiger, birds and other wild life animals... Check our dedicated cultural excursion page.
- Kitesurf Cruise - Catamaran cruise and kitesurf boat trip. Contact us for more infos.
- Motor bike rental - At Mannar kitecamp you can rent a Motorcycle or a Scooter on a daily basis, to explore the Island. It’s a unique experience. Self-driving is the best idea to explore Sri Lanka. Rent a motorbike or a scooter with your friends, your family or your partner. Go for a little trip and visit the town, where you can go shopping. Explore the surroundings and enjoy the view of the mangrove and the beach, both hosting a lot of different bird species. Or… just rent it if you want to go independently to our kite spots surrounding the camp. Mannar is not Bali, we don’t have traffic jams, sometimes you will have the road all for yourself!
- Snorkeling & boat trips - The Bar Reef is the Sri Lanka’s largest living coral reef. Scuba diving and snorkeling trips are usually coupled with the Dolphin/ Whale Watching Excursions. Mannar kitecamp can link you with professional diving companies if you need to try diving. If you have your own gear, we can help obtain cylinders and guides. Please mail us if you need further information about Scuba Diving possibilities.
- Dolphins & whales watching
- Cooking classes - Tik our thai chief cook ,will give you an insight into the secrets of thai cooking. Learn to cut and prepare your favorite dishes!
- Creativity workshops - Bracelets, necklaces, ankle laces and silver, coral or shell jewellery.