The Glenrock Belihuloya
The Glenrock is a luxury hideaway boutique nature resort, located roughly three and half hours from Colombo, in a mountainous village, close to the sleepy little town Belihuloya. Hidden on the banks of the cascading rocky river Belihuloya in a small basin called Ulugala Thenna (Tile Rock Plains) and nestled among the World's End/Horton Mountain Range**, Adam's Peak Mountain and the Rabbit Rock( Ha Gala), the glenrock provides the guest a naturally relaxing holiday experience.
Unwind yourself amidst simple pleasures of life that money cannot buy; fresh air, natural spring water, breathtaking views of mountains, rocky river, terrace farming, bird and butterfly watching and mouth watering farm fresh dishes made by the chef with international experience. Choose your style, modern luxury suites with single/double Jacuzzi's or luxury eco cabanas with shower or eco cottage with double Jacuzzi and private riverside garden.
- Standard Luxury ( 2 Suites) - The first floor modern luxury suite is of 500 sq. in area with the room and living area and 160 Sq. ft large balcony with a clear view of the mountains and the river. The suite provides a homely atmosphere for a relaxing getaway surrounded by nature and the cooling waters with a touch of luxury to add color to it. The view of the cascading river and the overlooking mountain range of Horton Plains bring tranquility for a soul soothing holiday experience.
- Superior (Penthouse) - The second floor modern luxury suite is of 525 Sq. ft in area with the room and living area and 160 Sq. ft large balcony with the best view of the mountains and the river of all. The suite is fully carpeted in flooring to provide the most comfortable stay for the guests. The suite provides a homely atmosphere for a relaxing getaway surrounded by nature and the cooling waters with a touch of luxury to add color to it. The view of the cascading river and the overlooking mountain range of Horton Plains bring tranquility for a soul soothing holiday experience.
- Standard Luxury - Riverside eco cabanas are the splendid escape for a relaxing vacation, with the touch of tradition and luxury combined. The two storied cabanas with 380 sq.ft, include a deck downstairs opening into the wilderness and welcoming breeze for the guests. Located beside the river, it is an inviting sight to refresh oneself in the natural waters and experience the natural beauty in the surroundings.
- Superior - Eco Cabana Superior is a splendid escape for a relaxing vacation, with the touch of tradition and luxury combined. The Eco Cabana Superior with 380 sq.ft, includes a deck downstairs with 144 sq.ft and also on the main level 70 sq.ft opening into the wilderness and welcoming breeze for the guests. Located beside the river, it is an inviting sight to refresh oneself in the natural waters and experience the natural beauty in the surroundings. The Eco Cabana Superior has a private river area and a private garden as well.
- Standard Luxury (2 suites) - Architecture is a fusion of Eco Cottage and Penthouse
- Superior (1 Suite) - Architecture is a fusion of Eco Cottage and Penthouse
The Glenrock welcomes you to a variety of delicious international and local dishes, prepared by their very own chef Ravi. Guests can enjoy the meals at the Peella Side restaurant, and also a barbecue by the river side or at the roof terrace dining areas. The Glenrock assures the quality of food, as the vegetables used for preparing meals are mostly bought from the villagers in the area or extracted from the organic farm located in the hotel premises itself, ensuring that they are free of harmful fertilizers resulting in a healthy diet.
- Peella Side Restaurant - Enjoy a delicious meal in the Peella Side Restaurant at the glenrock, surrounded by the picturesque background of the mountain tops and the gentle breeze passing by. Pick a vegetable of your choice from their organic farm in the hotel premises and their very own Chef Ravi and the team will prepare a sumptuous meal to enhance your taste buds. Bar is not operated at this stage
- Riverside Barbecue - Enjoy a steaming barbecue by the river, giving yourself the utmost comfort with the river cascading down next to you and the birds adding color and music while you dine in style.
Bar is not operated at this stage
- Rooftop Barbecue - The rooftop dining area is also an ideal location to plan a barbecue in the night under the veil of the clear sky and stars, with the frame of the glorious mountains around you
Bar is not operated at this stage
- Cooling waters to soothe your soul
- Natural Pool on the River
- Natural Water Therapy , Natural Jacuzi/spa on the river
- Fish Therapy on the river
- Read a book
- Gaze to infinity
- Walk inside or just outside the hotel
- Bird/butterfly/chameleon watching
- In-room therapies
- Stone walk foot therapy
- Play a game of chess
- Enjoy an outdoor barbecue
- Cooking Lessons
- Star gazing