Sigiriya Village Sigiriya
Of all the majestic places to visit within this little paradise isle called Sri Lanka, Sigiriya or the Rock Fortress has many legends and tales surrounding it. History records that it was the magnificent, secret fortress and pleasure palace of King Kashyapa. Each element of this construction marvel has its own story, like the origins of the frescoes, the inscriptions on the mirror walls and whether it was indeed a lion, a sphinx or an eagle that’s feet are still visible today. Regardless of the many stories, this must-visit site is indeed a legend that unfolds to every visitor.
Set amidst this historic location, Sigiriya Village is the last remaining theme hotel of its caliber that offers its guests the true Ceylonese village experience. The hotel comprises of a 120 rooms and is situated in a unique location in the vicinity of the 8th Wonder of the world (Sigiriya Rock Fortress). Sigiriya Village also occupies 26 acres of magnificent lush greenery and a history of 35 years that tells many stories of our land and her people.
- Deluxe Rooms - 20 luxurious themed rooms await you to be pampered like a King. Inspired by the regal history, this cluster will enable the guest to experience the peace and serenity within a fortress made by parapet walls creating an atmosphere of a Royal Fortress with an enchanting water moat that creates a stream around the cluster.
- Classic Rooms - 40 rooms located in a natural habitat will make you experience the historic villages of Sri Lanka. While the "Avurudu" cluster (named after the Traditional New Year) represents the Sri Lankan village culture with blossomed Red Flowers in April, the "Ganga Addara" (which means River Bank) recreates the village atmosphere which was woven around the river which enriched the livelihoods through agriculture.
- Superior Rooms - 60 Superior rooms entailed with three themes that is close at heart to villagers of Sri Lanka is assured to provide you an amazing serene experience of waking up to a mind-blowing natural environment every day. While a mini paddy field & a scarecrow will weave a magical story around the village and Temple cluster contributes to the spirituality of the Buddhist traditional culture the King Fisher cluster paints a magical picture of the dazzling bird habitats, new lakes and pond which is a common scenery in the locality.
Choose from an array of dining options and settings, whether you’re in the mood for an intimate gathering amidst the great outdoors or a more traditional indoor venue. Our master chefs cater to a diverse appetite, encompassing cuisine from around the world and offering an exciting new twist on traditional local fare. All ingredients are sourced to ensure absolute quality, with an emphasis on organically grown produce and imports from top-of-the-line suppliers. A fully stocked bar offers an ample choice of beverages, accompanied by a variety of settings and complemented by a level of service, which ensures we’re the taste-makers first choice amongst Sigiriya restaurants.
- Main Restaurant - Enjoy a delicious Sri Lankan & international cuisine at our open-air restaurant with a scenic view of the Majestic Sigiriya Rock Fortress. The restaurant serves buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner, A La Carte dining, including special local delicacies, Seating capacity: 200 pax.
- Lobby Bar - The lobby bar offers a wide variety of spirits and cocktails amidst a wonderful semi outdoor atmosphere overlooking the pool & the lobby.
- Tea Room - Enjoy a cup of authentic Sri Lankan tea of the highest quality. Join hands with an amazing journey of discovering Sri Lanka's best variety of teas and the story each blend has to tell you.
- Airport transfer
- Bicycle rental
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Al-fresco dining options
- Car park
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Laundry service
- Safety deposit boxes
- Smoking area
- Room service