Sakara House Sri Lanka
Welcome to Sakara House, a fully refurbished period property in South West Sri Lanka. This beautiful four bedroom Villa is set in a large walled tropical garden full of banana plants, coconut, frangipane and mahogany trees. A large swimming pool with play shelf for small children and seating for cocktail sipping is located next to a stylish Ambalamba for al fresco dining in the garden which is a perfect place to watch fireflies at night and the monkeys swinging through the trees during the day.
The Villa is perfectly situated to take advantage of the stunning beaches along the south coast and if surfing is your passion you couldn’t choose a better spot to stay as some of the best breaks are right on your doorstep.
Sakara House caters to groups, families and individuals. Rooms are rented out all year round individually on a BnB basis. During school holidays the whole villa is available to rent.
All rooms are en suite with very comfortable four poster beds, luxury cotton linen and mosquito nets.
Sakara House features four bedrooms which are either set around an internal courtyard with plenty of space to sit or in the attached main house which offers a large Sala (sitting room) and a comfortable verandah from where you can watch the world go by.
- Main House Master King Room with large Bathroom - King size four poster double bed with mosquito net, luxury cotton linen and towels. Old wood paneled high ceiling with ceiling fan. Concrete floor with wooden inlays and ceiling fan. Large en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Main House Double Room with Bathroom - Standard size four poster double bed with mosquito net, luxury cotton linen and towels. Concrete floor with wooden inlays and ceiling fan. En-suite bathroom with shower.
- Courtyard King Room with inside/outside Bathroom - King size four poster double bed with mosquito net, luxury cotton linen and towels. Wooden floor and ceiling fan. En suite inside/outside bathroom with open air shower. WC and the basin under cover.
- Courtyard Twin Room with inside/outside Bathroom - Two four poster twin beds with mosquito net, luxury cotton linen and towels. Wooden floor and ceiling fan. En suite inside/outside bathroom with open air shower. WC and the basin under cover.
Sakara House is a spacious house with lots of different areas to sit and lounge about in, so you don’t ever need to be on top of one another.
- Tropical Garden: Three hammocks give you individual hang-out space.
Pool: Beautiful pool with sun deck and play-shelf for the little ones.
- Ambalamba: Outside dining room with direct pool access. Dining table seats eight comfortably.
- Kitchen & Dining: Large fully equipped kitchen with dining table to seat eight and a bar for casual eating or coffee drinking while watching the chef cook up a storm.
- Living: Large sala with exceptionally beautiful, high old wood paneled ceiling. Raised wooden platform with sofa and floor cushions. I pod docking station. There is a second sofa/daybed in the lower part of the room.
- Courtyard: Stunning internal courtyard with fountain and 2 double doors leading onto the garden.
- Verandah: Situated at the front of the house with a large built in sofa for watching the world go by.
- Barbecue facilities: Next to the Ambalamba in the tropical garden for excellent grilled fish, prawns or chicken. Yummie!