Muthurajawela Bird Watching Tours - Bird Watching Tours in Muthurajawela Sri Lanka - Bird Watching in Muthurajawela - Muthurajawela Bird Sanctuary Boat Tours - Bird Watching Tours in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka Bird Watching Tours - Colombo Bird Watching Tours
Muthurajawela Sanctuary Bird Watching and Negombo Lagoon Boat Trip
Take a day trip from Colombo or Negombo to the urban sanctuary of Muthurajawela which is a popular bird watching destination. This trip takes you to the southern end of Negombo Lagoon to visit these pristine marshlands. Relax as we take you across the main lagoon to the narrow channels of the marshes where we may find a variety of Birds and Wildlife. You would be able to see birds such as Cormorants, Ducks, Egrets, Herons, Storks, Eagles, Terns, Swallows, Swifts, Kingfishers and other resident birds.
Besides the rich bird life, you could witness Monkeys such as Toque Macaque, Prawn fishermen in the lagoon, Sea going fishing catamarans returning home after their night out in the sea and Mangroves vegetation.
This is an early morning boat trip of approximately 3 to 4 hours with an option for coffee and cakes at a popular lagoon resort.
- Pick up from Colombo at 5.30 AM
- Transfer to Negombo - 1 hour drive approximately
- Commence the boat trip by 7 AM from Negombo pier
- Coffee at a lagoon side restaurant (Optional)
- Return to Negombo boat pier by 10 or 11 AM
- Return to Colombo by 12 or 1 PM
|No of pax
||Rate per person
We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
The rate includes,
- Air conditioned vehicle with fuel
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Boat with expereince boatman
- All parking and highway charges where applicable
- All taxes
Places of visit during this trip