Knuckles Trekking Day Trip - Riverston Day Trip, Day Tours in Sri Lanka - Things to do in Kandy - Knuckles and Riverston Day Tour - Day Trips in Knuckles - Day Trips in Riverston - Day Trips in Kandy
Knuckles and Riverston Day Trekking Trip
Riverston is indeed a bit of heaven on earth. Trek through some of the most scenic mountainous locations in the country. Start exploring typical terraced paddy fields and traditional vegetable gardens; visit a rare temple mounted on dwarf pillars before commencing the upward trek to the beautiful Riverston peak. Stop to refresh at the gushing waterfalls, indulge in birding and photography, and be enthralled with the picturesque landscape at the mini world’s end.
- Our guide will receive you in Kandy at 7.30 AM
- Take a walk through a typical Sri Lankan Rice field and Vegetable garden
- Visit Tampita Temple - A unique temple with its prominent feature being mounted on dwarfed rock pillars.
- Trek to the Riverston peak - It is one of the most beautiful hilltops of the knuckles mountain range. Here you can experience a heavenly feeling when the mist sets in in a climate that’s cold and breezy. Riverston boasts of a rich bio diversity and is home to many endemic species of fauna and flora.
- You can take a trekking trip to the Riverston peak across Pitawala-pathana where you can visit the mini worlds end. There is an myth about Pitawala- pathana that Rama and Rawana had a chemical war here. Also visit the Duwili Ella Falls located 28 km from Riverston.
- Back to the hotel
From US$ 114
We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
The rate includes,
- Guide Fee
- Hotel pick up and drop (Kandy area hotels)
- Refreshments will be provided
Places of visit during this trip
- Visit Tampita Temple
- Riverston Peak