Governor's Mansion Tea Estate Bungalow
Guests can experience a relaxing holiday in tranquility, where paneled walls, old yet gleaming wooden floors and attractive fireplaces bring to life the grandiosity of the past. Preserving the opulence & warmth of the Mansion’s origins, the exclusive suites and grand settings have been renovated keeping the uniqueness of an luxury English mansion, where original antiques and brass ware set on display pay tribute to its historical value.
The white garden chairs on the immaculately maintained lawn, overlooking the expanse of the tea estate running into the mist covered mountains, sets place to sip Ceylon tea in pleasant company. One can read a book on the wooden chair, set romantically under a secluded canopy, with the sounds of chirping birds and the stream nearby. From the terraced garden, the fishing pond or through the bay windows of the mansion, the much revered Adam’s Peak can be viewed on a day with a clear blue sky. While as the sun sets beyond the mountain ranges, the sky comes alive with different strokes of warm colour.
Though tastefully old fashioned, the Mansion offers modern Board games, Badminton, Karaoke, Satellite TV and Internet
The mansion brings to life the gracious living style of the past colonial era. With all modern amenities made available together with the essentials of luxury accommodation, the Governor’s Mansion Luxury Tea Estate Boutique Hotel offers tastefully designed 11 deluxe rooms. 3 suites, 7 deluxe – single and double, medium, large and very large sizes including conjoined living space for family holiday needs. With the blending of rich material furnishings in silks and cottons, each room has exposed and painted beam ceilings, an old fireplace, a modern bathroom with hot water, a writing desk, teak wooden floor and antique furniture. For those wishing for a pampered holiday the choice of four poster beds, snug leather seats and large spacious rooms are available. The courteous staff offers personal attentive room services on daily basis. Friendly reception desk is manned 24/7. One can strike up good conversation with other guests in the lounge or living room where comfortable sofas, entertainment in the form of music center, board games and magnificent billiards table, piano, guitar,karaoke and satellite TV are available to keep guests of all ages entertained. Click on the following links to read more about rooms and Governor's Mansion Luxury Tea Estate Boutique Hotel.
- Governor’s suite - A large and spacious suite, this stately double room proudly holds a 4 poster bed and leather sofas. Offering a panoramic view from each of its set of windows, En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Queen’s Suite - An splendid, extra large suite with leather chairs, double beds and grand chandeliers giving an atmosphere of grandiosity with a periodic taste. The suite is furnished with chairs, tables, beds, dressing table and many other furniture once used by members of the Royal Family on a stay at the Governer’s Mansion. En suite bathroom is fitted with.
- Victoria Suite - A very large room located at the end of corridor on the ground floor of the mansion. It is tastefully arranged and rustically furnished with fine antiques, giving an air of rich, periodic taste.En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Edwardian - Deluxe double room - A medium sized deluxe room with a 4 poster bed, a cozy feeling as well as a Victorian touch. It can be booked together with Governor’s suite, as the suite have connecting doorway if needed, for family bookings. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Royal - Deluxe double room - A large cozy deluxe room with a 4 poster double bed. Guests would feel welcomed with its stately settings and romantic atmosphere, spaciousness and panoramic view of the garden and countryside. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Albany - Deluxe double room - Large double deluxe room that puts the guests at ease in a mood of relaxation. Located next to a grand display of collected artifacts, both old and new; the suite shows off hanging brass lanterns and is complemented by a long balcony (accessed separately). En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Regency - Deluxe double room - A comfortable deluxe room, with period furniture, hanging brass lanterns and a long balcony (accessed separately) giving luxurious ambiance for a private stay. The draping curtains over the queen sized bed, welcomes the morning sun when pulled open. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Grovenor - Deluxe double room - A compact double-bed deluxe room with a rustic feeling with the wooden furniture and the polished teak floor. The room overlooks some beautiful scenery.En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Kensington - Deluxe double room - Attractive double deluxe room furnished with antique furniture for those who admire antique furniture and artifacts. Located at the end of corridor, the suite offers privacy where guests can spend time relaxing in the calm atmosphere. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Doncaster - Deluxe double room - A wonderfully updated, compact and tranquil double room, emanating a regal aura, it is located on the ground floor, for those who wish to stay at ground level. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.
- Buckinghamshire - Deluxe single room - A compact single, fully restored, charming room for the guest looking for relaxation and coziness. With quick and easy access, the Buckinghamshire room is located on the first floor. En suite bathroom is fitted with colonial styled modern fittings.