Galle Fort Hotel
Anilana Craigbank is an upmarket colonial-style bungalow of considerable old world charm, standing in glorious landscaped gardens. The interiors are warm and inviting with hardwood floors, fabric-lined walls, antiques, plush sofas, and fireplaces that are lit at night. The villa has spectacular views of Single Tree Mountain and Pidurutalagala. Take a stroll along Nuwara Eliya’s leafy by roads lined with colonial period mansions, or play golf at the century-old Nuwara Eliya Golf Club with its tight fairways and testing greens. Anilana Craigbank is rented exclusively and can accommodate up to eight adults and two children.
There are four tastefully furnished, ensuite bedrooms which includes a spacious Master suite. Two additional fold away beds are available upon request for children.
- Garden Rooms - Offering three very comfortable spots in which to put down roots during your holiday; our Garden Rooms are ideal for two people and offer generous proportions, modern amenities and easy access to our frangipani scented courtyard.
- Loft Suite - Who knew that loft was another word for love nest? These split level suites offer every practicality on the ground floor, and devote the upper level to the pleasures of an antique four poster bed.
- Porcelain Suite - A tribute to the 19th century blue and white porcelain plates that adorn one of its walls; this suite offers the ultimate in elegance, with the added luxury of possessing its own dressing room cum bathroom.
- Admiral Cheng Ho Suite - Many years before Columbus, the Chinese explored the Indian Ocean and Western Pacific with seven voyages of the “Treasure Fleet”, commanded by a powerful seven foot tall eunuch admiral named Cheng Ho. This suite commemorates his visit to Galle in 1406.
- Library Suite - The largest suite in the house, the Library Suite is perfect for small families, those travelling with parents or even just for two people who love each other but value their personal space!
- Grand Apartment Suite - After first visiting our island, the Count was determined to find “the one spot which, by its sublime beauty, would fulfill my dreams and hold me there for life.” The iconic Taprobane Island proved to be that place. So too is our Grand Apartment.
- Grand Apartment - Designed by Count de Mauny-Talvande, a man of uncertain roots and morals, but undoubted taste, creativity and passion; this penthouse suite comprises two bedrooms, each with their own bathroom; and a salon cum dining room.
In Galle, fresh produce and seafood are available in abundance all year round; famous for our delectable lobster and jumbo prawns, we also have the luxury of being able to select from the widest range of the freshest fruit and vegetables. No surprise then that freshness forms the foundation of our food philosophy.
Our menu is quite literally a wonderful journey, since we draw inspiration from the famous Spice Route – the one merchants travelled from Europe to the mysterious lands of the East, in search of exotic spices.
Every dish that makes its aromatic way from our kitchen to your table, is also laced with that most precious ingredient – inspiration. We add that little something extra to every offering on our menu, so that, ever after, you will say “I wish they made it like the Galle Fort Hotel does”. Visit the Galle Fort Hotel and experience the cuisine of the best best restaurants in Galle Fort.