The fort built by the Portuguese in 1619 then rebuilt by the Dutch in the second half of the 18th Century is the second largest fort that remains intact in the Island. Fort resembles a regular pentagon with bastions on each point beyond this is a star shaped moat fed by the lagoon. The church erected in 1706 by the Dutch in this purely military & administrative duty fort is no longer standing due to the damage sustained by the fort by artillery fire by the Tamil Terrorist group LTTE.
Warning – Any person and/ or institution and/or agent and/or agency of government structure or private structure also using or monitoring/ using this website and / or any of its associated websites you DO NOT have Best Of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, a duly registered company in Sri Lanka, consent and permission to utilize any of website information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to photographs, and/or comments posted on the mentioned websites.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE