Calpenteyn Fort

Dutch fort in Kalpitiya about 50km away from Puttalam. It's a small fort that seems to be in good condition. It was built in 1667, on the spot where the Portuguese had a stockade and a Jesuit chapel. The walls are about 4 meters high and inside are the remnants of the chapel, a commander's house, barrack rooms, a prison and several go downs are identifiable.