Elysium 48 Galle
Atmospherically located within the ramparts of the 17th-century Galle Fort, 48 Lighthouse Street is an extraordinary sanctuary from which to explore the fascinating culture and intriguing history of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This magnificently proportioned 4 bedroom mansion, one of the fort's largest houses, has been meticulously restored by the owners and is the epitome of elegant and luxurious colonial living.
The main choices are between the magnificent living room with 25 foot ceilings, a library/study with full bookcases and a desk, a covered roof terrace with plentiful seating and the garden with it’s terraces and a fully furnished pavilion. There are numerous other spaces in the house where one can relax, not least of which is the magnificent bar area.
The main Dining room overlooks the garden and the pavilion and is a magnificent space in which to enjoy meal times. We can set up smaller tables in other parts of the house for a change of atmosphere. The bar is fully stocked and there is no better place to have a cool drink than perched on one of the stools at any time of day.
- Staff – 48 Lighthouse Street has a very experienced team of 3 staff all working towards ensuring a wonderful stay with us.
- Dining – Breakfast is included in the tariff and there is a choice between Western or Sri Lankan cuisine. We also cater for light lunches and dinners and in the event something more substantial is required, there are numerous restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the house. We have arrangements with the Fortaleza and Fort Printers restaurants for our guests.
- Wifi – There is a fast broadband wireless network that covers the entirety of the property.
- Laundry – our housekeeping staff are able to do laundry for you.
- Transport – A driver and car can be arranged for airport transfers, local tours and onward travel. Please inform our staff of your requirements and they will arrange a vehicle for you.
- Spa services – We can have bookings made for you at the elysium_48 or Galle Fort Spa for a variety of treatments.
- Events – the exquisite living and dining areas at 48 Lighthouse Street coupled with its stunning collection of art and antiques make it a wonderful place for small events for up to 20 people. Contact us to learn about what we can offer and how we can assist you in organizing your special event.