Cinnamon Lodge Habarana
A haven for the time traveller, the nature lover, the escapist, and the explorer, Cinnamon Lodge Habarana is a 5-star resort nestled in nature’s serenity right in the heart of Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle. A place that soothes the soul, rejuvenates the senses, and awakens the mind with heavy doses of nature’s tranquillity and centuries-old hospitality.
Just 4 hours from the airport, located in the Dry Zone of Sri Lanka’s North Central Province, the Cinnamon Lodge Habarana is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of life. Built on a replica of the foundations of the nearby Ritigala ruins, an ancient palace-turned-monastery, our resort brings the original concept of a royal retreat to the 21st century, with luxurious private cottages and suites all fitted with ultra-modern amenities.
We are also in close proximity to the Minneriya National Park, home to many lakes and host of the annual ‘Gathering’of hundreds of elephants coming together across the parkto eat the lush grass left behind when the water recedes.
The rooms at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana, as with every aspect of the resort, have been built on elevated foundations, mirroring those of the Ritigala monastery & retreat close by, with quaint bungalow-like rooms and suites built above it. Even the beds are elevated to make you feel like royalty from the moment you lay your head down on our plush king-sized beds. The many scattered units are interspersed with thousands of trees, making your surroundings absolutely blissful. Book a deluxe room or a suite to fully experience the comfort of this resort and know what we mean when we say our guests are royalty here.
- Superior Rooms - The 68 Superior Rooms at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana are connected through winding pathways that are lit by little beams as the sun goes down. The rooms are located across our vast gardens with a stunning view of verdant green and crystal lake surrounding us. The atmosphere within the rooms is calming and rustic, with chic décor for lighting and bathroom fixtures that blend in with the overall ambiance of the resort. With a generously large living area and a vast shower and bathroom space, you may find it difficult to leave our well-appointed hotel in Sigiriya, Sri Lanka!
- Deluxe Rooms - Each Deluxe Room is fitted with plush king-sizedbeds on elevated podiums – a nod to the ancient customs of the Sri Lankan kings, who elevated their beds to reflect their position in society. Each room is a space that combines charm and comfort with timber and terracotta floors, and a picturesque view of the gardens. Bathrooms are spacious with separate baths and showers, with the added luxury of calling ahead to have your tub filled and ready on your arrival. Other luxuries include private meals on the veranda, your own butler service and in-room spa treatments for the discerning traveller. What is it you desire? Just let us know.
- Suites - Deluxe Suites Ebony, Ivy, Cedar and Satin are perfect for guests seeking spacious and luxurious 5-star resort accommodation in Sri Lanka – provided it comes with a Sri Lankan touch. Each two-storey lodge comes with a lounge and dining area as well as a second bedroom on the ground floor.The upper floor features an exquisite master bedroom, dressing room, and a bathroom featuring twin-sinks and a Jacuzzi. Two Superior Suites, Banyan and Tamarind, are single-floor lodges that give you the space to spread out and relax in our green-themed resort. Enjoy a meal in your own private lodge, with a personal butler on hand 24-hours a day.
- Private Balcony or Veranda
- Choice of Pillow/Pillow Menu
- King-Sized Bed
- Safety Deposit Box
- Dresser & Mirror
- Table & Chairs>/
- Complimentary Toiletries
- Hot and Cold Water
- Hair Dryer
- Shower Cubicle
- Terrycloth Bathrobes& Slippers
- Bath & Face Towels
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee-Making Facilities
- Mini Bar
- Telephone with IDD
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable TV
- DVD Player