Aliya Resort Sigiriya
Nestled among the lush greenery of rolling fields, decades old indigenous trees and chena growth of the dry zone of the Central Province, Aliya Resort & Spa invites you to relax and unwind, far from the hustle and bustle of city life.Themed on the beloved Sri Lankan elephant, or ‘Aliya’ as it is known in the Sinhala language, this property has a distinct feel of living in a village, but with all the modern facilities required for a comfortable and idyllic stay. Our Sigiriya hotel ‘Aliya’ is an authentic experience of the lifestyle of nearby villages in the Cultural Triangle. The stunning backdrop of the Sigiriya Rock formation, or ‘Lion Rock’ as well as the Pidurangala Rock Temple are majestically flaunted with highlighted in a simple foreground of manicured lawns and the stunning blue of the eternity pool that line up with this breathtaking view. Making this us unique amongst other resorts in Sri Lanka Sigiriya hotels, Aliya Resort & Spa features roomy chalets as well as charming luxury tented rooms that are set up on wooden deck platforms with all the modern amenities. This family friendly resort takes your every need to heart and delivers with a warm Sri Lankan smile. Discover our carefree art of living where rest and relaxation are never hard to find.
At Aliya Resort & Spa we believe in the joys of the simple things in life. Inspired by the beloved elephant or ‘Aliya’ in the Sinhala language, each of our chalets boast four units that are classified as Deluxe Rooms or Deluxe Rooms with Attic.Designed with the minimalist concept in mind, these rooms are free of clutter and unnecessary ornamentation. We believe in providing a spacious room, comfortable Queen Size bed, soft pillows, fluffy towels and a spacious bathroom for our guests comfort.Once again the elephant is lovingly depicted in various art forms around the room, we hope you enjoy viewing them as much as we did choosing them.The Luxury Deluxe Tents are another class by themselves. Sturdy and beautiful, these spacious custom made tents will leave your family loving their outdoor adventure. An adjoining annexure to the tent will give you the complete privacy of your own bathroom and toilet fitted with a large bathtub, shower stall, toilet cubicle and washbasin similar to that of the resorts deluxe rooms.
- Deluxe Rooms - Each of our chalets are set out with your maximum privacy in mind. Units of four deluxe bedrooms, each bedroom is spacious with a Queen sized bed. In addition to a desk and chair, there are also two comfortable sofa chairs in each large room. There are two large hope chests for storage, which form a cushioned divan at the foot of the bed.
- Deluxe Twin Rooms - Each of our chalets are set out with your maximum privacy in mind. Units of four deluxe twin bedrooms, each bedroom is spacious with two single beds. In addition to a desk and chair, there are also two comfortable sofa chairs in each large room. There are two large hope chests for storage, which form a cushioned divan at the foot of the bed.
- Deluxe Rooms with Attic - Aliya Resort & Spa offers 10 family friendly Deluxe Attic Rooms fitted with a queen size bed as well as two single beds in the attic loft-area. The ‘Attic Rooms’, as we call them are designed with your privacy in mind. They are elegant and simple, roomy and comfortable so that families and friends can relax and unwind.The thoughtful arrangement of these loft-type rooms are an ideal choice for families with children, extended families and groups of friends. The attic-rooms have complete privacy and are accessible via a spiral staircase. The conveniences of our rooms alongside the eco friendliness of our facilities make us a desirable choice amongst nature resorts in Sri Lanka.
- Luxury Tent - These 18 luxury deluxe tents are not your regular camping units. They are set out on wooden platforms that form an annexure to the tents back-exit. The tents have comfortable custom made queen size beds with thick mattresses, as well as a veranda area that has a couple of lounge chairs. The annexure forms a well appointed wood cabin type attached luxury bathroom inclusive of bathtub, shower stall, washbasin as well as toilet. This area is completely private and for your exclusive use. Experience the thrill of adventure while staying in a tent completely camouflaged by decade’s old undergrowth and fauna. The pathways around the area are prettily lit up at twilight to give out soft lighting as well as a definite enchanted quality to the wooded area.
- Suites - There are two suites at Aliya Resort & Spa are an ideal choice for couples or families seeking an idyllic and quiet nook in the resort. Each suite has two bedrooms and two large bathrooms. The Master Bedroom has a King Size bed and comes with an en-suite bathroom. The Second Bedroom has a Queen Size Bed. There are also a range of modern amenities such as a pantry, Jacuzzi, private pool, private sauna as well as Home Theatre System; making these two generously spacious stand alone suites a perfect hideaway.
Aliya Resort & Spa offers an array of culinary delights with mouth-watering cuisine to suit every taste! Enjoy a cocktail and indulge your taste buds with an array of genuinely local Sri Lankan food; diners can also sample a selection of impeccably cooked international cuisine.With a spectacular backdrop of the massive Lion Rock, Sigiriya, and thickly surrounded by indigenous trees, our uniquely designed Sigiriya restaurants feature some of the most delicious dishes that will have you coming back for seconds!.
- Alaka - An essential part of any cultural adventure is recognising and discovering the myriad of flavours and essences that form a region. Alaka Restaurant serves genuine Sri Lankan cuisine, enabling one to savour exotic aromas and tastes of local dishes when dining in Sigiriya Sri Lanka.Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Alaka is popular with local and international visitors and is famous for its simple yet delicious local food. Alaka serves food distinctive distinct to the region, utilising only the best ingredients and spices which are locally sourced or grown on the Resort’s premises. This spacious and airy restaurant has magnificent panoramic views of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress as well as the Pidurangala Rock Temple that form the backdrop of the Resort’s infinity pool.
- Nagula - Nagula offers a unique wining and dining experience at Aliya Resort & Spa. Situated on the veranda of the resorts featured Paddy Museum, this speciality restaurant features Sri Lankan cuisine with a rustic and simple ambiance that leaves you feeling replete and completely content. Meals are prepared in a traditional village kitchen – in clay pots and on traditional clay stoves, and served in a traditional manner. The seating is simple and comfortable; with charming views of the resorts own paddy fields and fruit trees, and a lovely cool breeze that accompanies this lush view. An educational and interesting array of paddy cultivating artefacts are displayed; the relics of the past one hundred years or more, depicting the art of manual agriculture and sturdy lifestyle of the people of the Sigiriya Villages.
- Makara - Perfectly delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine served in the beautiful ambiance of pretty red fringe overhanging and mythical golden dragons decorating the walls, creating a festive and beautiful facade of being transported into the Orient. The varied repertoire is loved by all who come here, be they in-house guests or those with a special reservation. This dining area has sunken kiosks to eat ones meal in traditional Chinese style, or western style layout as per ones personal preference.
- Migara - This lovely coffee shop and bar has a charming and airy feel to it. The simple decor comprises of dozens of antique miniature hand carved mythical lions embedded into the wall forming a protective display of beauty and artistic symmetry. Jazz music drifts soulfully off the sound system while you enjoy your coffee, treats or a cocktail before dinner. The view is panoramic and gives one a sense of old blending with the new. For more intimate moments, there is a quiet area behind the bar and coffee shop set out with a few cosy tables set only for two. Low lighting adds to the warm ambiance.
As one of the unique hotels in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, Aliya Resort & Spa provides a variety of facilities & excursions for it’s guests.Those who are looking to relax & unwind can spend the day at the resort using its array of in-house facilities. If you are searching for adventure, capitalizing on its location, Aliya Resort & Spa offers a range of the very best excursions and activities the area has to offer.End the day with a rejuvenating spa treatment at “Ayur Vie” spa as you look back at the incredible day that it was.
- Badminton Court
- Night Club