Rural Dairy Farm experience - Village Market experience - Mobile Camping Experience - Safari Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka rural Village Experience
1 night and 2 days mobile camping, safari and rural village experience
- Arrival at Yala village border camp by 12.30 PM
- Enjoy a Rice and curry village lunch
- Afternoon safari in Yala National Park from 3 to 6 PM. Yala is the home for Leopards, Elephants, Sloth Bears, Spotted Deer, Crocodiles and many varieties of Birds.
- BBQ Dinner and overnight stay at the camp
- Breakfast at the camp
- Rural Dairy Farm experience - Sri Lanka is an agricultural country; hence dairy farming is a main livelihood in most of the villages. The southern part of Sri Lanka is particularly popular for buffalo curd as a home industrial business thereby making it a must see as you explore Sri Lanka’s southern charm. This Responsible Trail gives you a glimpse into this charm enriching the experience that you seek…
In the early morning you will be engaging in this activity with village dairy farmers. Along with the farmers, you may participate to lead the cows to the lake or their shelters and also engage in the task of milking the cows. This may be your once in a life time experience to drink fresh milk on the spot too! Next, you can help the farmers to take milk pots to their houses to make curd in the traditional way. Thereafter, you may participate in the traditional curd processing with a village farmer and his family.
- Village Market experience - Guests can get a glimpse into the local lifestyle during this excursion where our team will guide them to the local market to buy fresh vegetables and fruits while enlightening them about the native names of the fruits and vegetables, their health benefits and nutrition factors etc.
- Back at the camp, you could cook a Sri Lankan meal using the ingredients you bought in the village market with our village staff and enjoy it as lunch.
- Check out by 2PM
|No of pax
||Rate per person
We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation